The Welding Laboratory at MaineMaritime Academy offers beginning and advanced courses in welding, cutting, fabricating, and nondestructive testing. Focus is on structural and pipe welding using methods, materials, and equipment commonly found in ship and power plant construction and maintenance.
Weld Lab Tour Powerpoint
M.O.S.T. Virtual Welding Training Visit
In addition to basic training, our students work on a variety of projects on the waterfront.
Our facilities include:
- Sixteen Miller XMT350 Inverter Power supplies with MIG spool guns, TIG torches, and Stick
- Two gas tungsten arc welding machines
- Two gas metal arc (wirefeed) welding machines
- Two plasma arc cutting machines
- Several oxy-acetylene cutting stations, with additional machines for cutting pipe and plate
- A thermoplastic welding torch
- A nondestructive testing center equipped with dye penetrant, magnetic particle,ultrasound, and radiographic inspection equipment purchased under a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- A classroom area with a blackboard and seating for up to 16 students
|MMA Web Page||MMA Internal Home Page||Prof. Collins' Faculty Page|
|EG-243 Welding||EG-442 Advanced Welding||Links: Welding, Education, etc.|
|Student Projects||Welding Laboratory||Site Map: linked index of pages|